Last week we took
Adelyn to the emergency room because the cold she had caused her to wheeze horribly. Her pediatrician told us to go ahead and go in because the
nebulizer treatments she had in the doctor's office and at home where not enough. So they gave her steroids to help stop the inflammation of her lungs and then she did an hour long
nebulizer treatment. She was very curious about being in the hospital and did a great job. We are so thankful to say that she is much better now and we weaned her off the breathing treatments.
Adelyn is playing before we saw the doctor.

Getting her
neb treatment.

Checking out. She was super silly and beyond tired by this point.
It was so sweet to hear her singing, "Blessed Be Your Name" on the way home!
God is good!
Then on Saturday, Reese woke up with a red puffy eye. I gave him two doses of benadryl that day and still there was no change. So I called his doctor that evening and she said to get him in ASAP! It ended up being a sinus infection that was draining behind his eye! I had never heard of that. The doctor put him on antibiotics for 21 days. By the next morning, his eye had gone down to normal. Needless to say, we have been hit hard with sickness (especially after 4/5 of us had pneumonia last month) and are ready to be healthy again.
4 comments:
Pneumonia? Infections? Nebulizers? Breathing treatments? Broken bones? Casts? You guys have had your share. We pray for healthier tomorrows. Love you very very much!
I am sorry for all your troubles. I will pray it all passes soon. That is definitely one thing I really don't like about winter.
Bummer! Maybe you have it all out of the way in the beginning and the rest of the winter will be smooth sailing.
Wow! You guys have had a lot of sickness. I do pray that you will all be well, especially for the upcoming holidays!
Post a Comment