Then I noticed about three weeks ago that his tummy shape was odd. Different than his normal pot belly! ;-) I took him into see his pediatrician and she said that it looked fine to her but we should let a gastrointestinal doctor look at him. Two weeks ago we went in for that appointment. He thought his tummy's shape was fine but was more curious about his diet. While chatting with the doctor, Hayden had a bowel movement and the he took the diaper and tested his stool. The test came back quickly and it showed microscopic blood. He felt like it was an allergic reaction to food so he referred us to an allergist. Our meeting with him was the next day! Thank you Lord!!! One of the first questions of many to me was, "Is his belly always bloated?" Yay, finally someone else noticed. So he thought we should first try the patch test. We put the patches on a Tuesday morning and by that evening his chin broke out with little spots. By the next morning, his bottom broke out in a big rash with spots that bled!! Poor guy! He was so miserable. On Wed afternoon, he woke up only 20 minutes into his nap and he screamed for 1 1/2 hours like he does when he eats something with dairy in it. I just rocked him and try to soothe him. So Thurs we went to the allergist office two hours after we took the patches off and a few things looked like he was going to react to them: wheat, dairy, barley, rice, banana, tomato, and egg. The doctor circled them and said, "Let's see how these react in 24 hours for that will give us a better indication of what he allergic to." I took pictures at 12 hours and 24 hours and emailed them in. At the 24 hour mark, his back only reacted to the tape that stuck to his back and NONE of the food!! How odd?? So I'm so confused and I'm waiting on the doctor to call me back this afternoon.
12 hours after the patch was removed.
The red marks at the bottom right was the location of the tape.
No comments:
Post a Comment