It takes us about 10-15 min (depending on
traffic during & rush hour) to get to our church building. We drive this drive Suns, Mons, Tues, Weds (twice), Thurs, &
Fris for worship, bible class and it's also where Reese attends a
pre-school program called Stepping Stones. I realize that's a lot of time in the car and what a great opportunity to talk or teach my children since they are contained. :) On the way to the building we usually practice our books of the Bible, how how many books there are, and the divisions. I decided that on the way home we would Count our Blessings. I usually ask Reese about his day at first and then I say, "Let's count our blessings. Reese's turn. Reese what blessing would you like to thank God for?" Some of his response are: playing football with my daddy, school, Mrs. Micky (his teacher), my family, grand parents, bible class, hugs & kisses, trees, fire man, and it goes on. The other day when we left the school, I needed to run to the store and FORGOT to ask Reese and he asked, "Mommy, can we count our blessing?" How sweet! A
delyn also enjoys counting her blessings. Her responses are: Mommy, Daddy, Hayden, Reese, Joy & Hope (her babies), bible class, grand parents, and B-
Bek.

Here are the kiddos just before we headed out for worship on Sunday.
Reese is 3, Adelyn is 2 & Hayden is 11 months!!
8 comments:
When I count my blessings, I count you Vanessa! Thank you for teaching this wonderful concept to your kids this way! The dividends will be more than eternal! I remember after Mama Sikes had her horrible accident and was in a striker bed...she asked us to sing,"COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS NAME THEM ONE BY ONE..." While we were singing, she was naming her "kiddoes" one by one!
Vanessa,
This is exactly how I always knew and dreamed of you as a mother. I know God is so proud. I, "ditto," what Patti said. You have been such a blessing in my life even with all the distance and time between us. I love, and pray God continues to bless you and your oh, so precious and sweet family. They make me smile from inside out everytime I read your blog.
Chris M.
Thank you guys so much for taking time to encourage me! I love you both very much and thank God for you and what you have done in my life to help me along.
Also, Ladies, do you remember our Myrtle Beach trip? LOL!!! That was so much fun!!! You guys make me laugh!!
you and brad are so faithful! thank you for sharing ideas on how i can better support my new daughter's spiritual life in the near future.
What a good idea! I'm going to try it!
I LOVE this Vanessa! I'm so glad you shared it!
htank you for sharing V! when sean and i decide to have kids this is definitely one idea i'll be copying!!
Vanessa, I met you this weekend at church with your Aunt and Uncle. We talked on the front porch of the church.
I love this idea! I usually ask my kids to tell me one good thing about their day. This gives the credit to God. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment