After our sweet visit, we wondered on over to the Tidal Basin to see the beautiful Cherry Blossoms. We stopped for a picnic, took a family picture and headed home. We walked around 5 miles so we were beat when we got back home. For some reason the kids were wired after their nap on the way home. :-)
"The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are committed to Him." (2 Chron. 16:9)
Apr 6, 2009
Cherry Blossom Festival
We took a trip in to see the Cherry Blossoms on Saturday. We knew the metro would be packed so we decided to drive in and let the kids get a short nap in the van. We drove to Arlington Cemetery and walked over the bridge to the Lincoln Memorial. We had a short visit there when we got stopped by a couple who asked, "Did you go to York College?" I proudly said, "Yes!!" It was Lloyd and Shannon Seibert (I'm not to sure on the spelling) but they were at York with my parents in the late 70's!! Isn't that so funny!! Lloyd was here on a business trip and Shanon decided to join him. I'm so thankful that I went to York. It seems as though we find Yorkies wherever we go!! Oh, you are probably wondering how they knew we went to York.....of course I had on a York College sweatshirt!
Our family. Hayden fell asleep and there was no waking him.
Our picnic at the Tidal Basin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys do the COOLEST stuff in DC. I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment